(a) the expiration or earlier termination of the Subscription Services Agreement between Licensor and Licensee; or
(b) your ceasing to be authorized by Licensor to use the Software for any or no reason.
2. USE RESTRICTIONS. YOU SHALL NOT, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY:
(a) use the Software or Documentation except as set forth in Section 1;
(b) copy the Documentation, in whole or in part;
(c) modify, translate, adapt or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Software or any part thereof;
(d) combine the Software or any part thereof with, or incorporate the Software or any part thereof in, any other programs;
(e) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Software or any part thereof;
(f) remove, delete, alter or obscure any trade-marks or any copyright, trade-mark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices included on or in the Software or Documentation, including any copy thereof;
(g) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or otherwise provide any access to or use of the Software or any features or functionality of the Software, for any reason, to any other person or entity, including any subcontractor, independent contractor, affiliate or service provider of Licensee, whether or not over a network and whether or not on a hosted basis, including in connection with the internet, web hosting, wide area network (WAN), virtual private network (VPN), virtualization, time-sharing, service bureau, software as a service, cloud or other technology or service;
(h) use the Software or Documentation in, or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including:
(i) power generation systems;
(ii) aircraft navigation or communications systems, air traffic control systems or any other transport management systems;
(iii) safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems, vehicle operation applications or any police, fire or other safety response systems; and
(iv) military or aerospace applications, weapons systems or environments;
(i) use the Software or Documentation in violation of any law, regulation or rule; or
(j) use the Software or Documentation for purposes of competitive analysis of the Software, the development of a competing software product or service or any other purpose that is to the Licensor’s commercial disadvantage.
3. COMPLIANCE MEASURES. THE SOFTWARE CONTAINS SECURITY FEATURES DESIGNED TO PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING FEATURES TO PROTECT AGAINST USE OF THE SOFTWARE:
(a) beyond the scope of the license granted to under Section 1;
(b) prohibited under Section 2.
You shall not, and shall not attempt to, remove, disable, circumvent or otherwise create or implement any workaround to, any such security features.
4. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION.
(a) Licensor may, directly or indirectly through the services of others, collect and store information regarding use of the Software and about equipment on which the Software is installed or through which it otherwise is accessed and used, by means of: (i) providing maintenance and support services ;and (ii) security measures included in the Software as described in Section 3.
(b) You agree that the Licensor may use such information for any purpose related to any use of the Software by you, including but not limited to: (i) improving the performance of the Software or developing updates; (ii) verifying compliance with the terms of this Agreement and enforcing Licensor’s rights, including all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Software; and (iii) providing such information for sale to a third party.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED UNDER LICENSE, AND NOT SOLD, TO YOU. YOU DO NOT ACQUIRE ANY OWNERSHIP INTEREST IN THE SOFTWARE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, OR ANY OTHER RIGHTS TO THE SOFTWARE OTHER THAN TO USE THE SOFTWARE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LICENSE GRANTED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, SUBJECT TO ALL TERMS, CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS. LICENSOR AND ITS LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS RESERVES AND SHALL RETAIN THEIR ENTIRE RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST IN AND TO THE SOFTWARE AND ALL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SOFTWARE, SUBJECT TO THE LICENSE EXPRESSLY GRANTED TO THE LICENSEE IN THIS AGREEMENT. YOU SHALL SAFEGUARD ALL SOFTWARE FROM INFRINGEMENT, MISAPPROPRIATION, THEFT, MISUSE OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS.
6. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY USE, INTERRUPTION, DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE. YOU ARE PROVIDED THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES AGREEMENT BETWEEN LICENSOR AND LICENSEE, SOLELY FOR THE BENEFIT OF LICENSEE AND AT LICENSEE’S DISCRETION. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER THAT AGREEMENT INCLUDING ANY RIGHTS TO ENFORCE ANY OF ITS TERMS. ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, MAY HAVE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE SHALL BE SOLELY TO LICENSEE UNDER THAT AGREEMENT AND SUBJECT TO ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH THEREIN.